EMC, a global Fortune 200 brand leader in information infrastructure, put together a concise, free (no registration required) e-book, 100 Job Search Tips from FORTUNE 500 Recruiters, that is loaded with insider tips from recruiters, along with stories from the recruiting trenches.
The e-book includes advice from recruiters specializing in sales, telecommunications, executives, federal, college grads, engineering, IT, Information security, and various global business functions.
The 10 recruiters participating contributed in these areas:
- Their top 10 job search strategies
- The top 3 common mistakes that job seekers make
- Their top recruiting sources
- Their favorite recruiting story
- Final words on best job search practices.
Executive recruiter Thomas Murray offered his top 3 common mistakes job seekers make:
- Being under-prepared for an interview. If someone has not researched the business they are interviewing for, they will likely not get by the initial screen.
- Being too comfortable, especially when the candidate knows the interviewer.
- Showing up late.
The e-book also includes a list of recommended resources.