In his introduction to the 28-page guide from encore.org, Looking for an encore career? The guide to finding work that matters, Marc Freedman, CEO and founder of Civic Ventures and designer of the Civic Ventures’ Encore Careers campaign, says:
“The largest generation in American history is in transition, moving beyond midlife to a new stage of life and work. Tens of millions of people between the ages of 44 and 70 say they want encore careers that combine personal meaning, continued income, and social impact.”
Contributors include Richard Nelson Bolles, Marc Freedman, Richard Lieder, and Hermina Ibarra, who answer questions such as:
- What do I need to know about job hunting these days?
- How can I update my job skills?
- How do I finance the transition to an encore career?
- How can I turn volunteering into a job?
- How do I transition from a corporate job to a nonprofit one?
- What is a green job, and how do I get one?
- What are the options for stiking out on my own?
The guide also includes several real-life examples of adult job seekers’ experiences navigating a career transition, with their pitfalls and successes in landing new jobs. Each personal story is sidebarred with valuable resources.
Loaded with practical, actionable tips on moving forward, the e-book is a must-read for anyone facing the challenge of a career transition in mid-life and beyond.