I just completed updating my 3 executive job search ebooks.
Most of the strategies I recommend in them haven’t changed much over the past year but, as I got into LinkedIn particulars, I quickly realized that my content updates were going to take a lot longer than I anticipated.
LinkedIn, like all social media, is ever-changing to adapt to user needs, improve the user experience and, in this case, boost revenue for the site.
Because LinkedIn is such a robust social network . . . with so many personal brand-building features and opportunities to connect with people who can help us with our careers and businesses . . . their updates typically impact a lot of the ways we use the site.
Once again, LinkedIn has rolled out a new User Interface. When the new UI hits your profile, be prepared to make adjustments.
Some of LinkedIn’s features will look different and may not show up where you’re used to finding them on your profile.
More importantly, some helpful features will be eliminated, and others will be rejigged and only be available with paid accounts.
Four unfortunate changes to the new LinkedIn User Interface
- You will no longer be able to rearrange sections of your profile.
- In the Skills section, only your top 3 skills will be visible on your profile. You’ll need to click to see the rest.
- “Find Alumni” will no longer exist.
- Your 3 external website URLs will no longer be customizable with relevant keywords.
We’ll all have to adapt to the new look and functionality of the latest new User Interface. I hope the LinkedIn changes won’t turn you against fully leveraging the site.
LinkedIn has become so important for job-hunting and overall career management that your lack of presence and activity there would be foolish.
My 3 executive job search ebooks are ready for purchase:
- 23 Ways You Sabotage Your Executive Job Search and How Your Brand Will Help You Land . . . A practical guide to executive branding, marketing your ROI and navigating the new world of job search
- LinkedIn Secrets You Need To Know To Position Yourself for Job Search Success [This ebook is FREE and only available with the purchase of my “23 Ways” ebook.]
- 20 Little-Known, Insider Tips to Accelerate Your Executive Job Search
Executive Job Search and Personal Branding Help
Need help with personal branding, your LinkedIn profile, resume and biography, and getting your executive job search on track . . . to land a great-fit new gig?