Why You Need To Use Videos In Your Job Search and Career
Now, more than ever before, it’s time to embrace videos for job search and overall career management.
You may be turned off to video because you don’t want to be on camera . . . or you don’t think you have the skill to produce a video . . . or they cost too much and take too much time to create.
These facts should convince you to get on board with video:
- Videos posted online rank higher in search engines (Google, LinkedIn, and others) than plain content alone. So videos do a better job of boosting your online visibility.
- Videos are 10 times more likely to be shared than other content.
- Video does a better job of conveying personality, promoting your personal brand and generating chemistry than plain content.
- Video does a better job of vividly showcasing your subject matter expertise than flat content.
What Kind of Videos are Job Seekers and Career-Minded People Using?
Job seekers don’t use video very much, but the small percentage who do, use video resumes. In these videos, the candidate appears and speaks on camera. Some people do okay with them, but they’re not ideal.
Video resumes present a unique set of problems, such as:
- If you don’t come across well on camera – which is probably true for most of us – your video resume can easily hurt your chances.
- The potential to mess up the various components of these videos (location and background, filming quality, script, etc.) is very high.
- Because these videos often look unprofessional and clunky, they may actually damage your personal brand and embarrass you.
- A poorly made video resume will hinder your ability to make a good impression on people, and do nothing to help you land a job or advance your career.
- These videos are VERY job-searchy. If you put a video resume out there, it’s clear that you’re looking for a job. Most people are job hunting under cover, so this is a major issue.
Video resumes are not the only kind of videos for job search and career. Videos that do NOT feature you on camera typically work better.
Kinetic animation videos will powerfully showcase your personal brand and the unique value you offer your target employers. And they do this in a way that’s not likely to “out” the fact that you’re job hunting . . . a necessity for most job seekers.
How to Create Your Videos, or Have Them Made For You
Nearly anyone can make a video these days using their smart phone. The quality may be okay, but just like with video resumes, you’ll be on camera, speaking and probably uncomfortable. Many people don’t come off well in homemade videos. All the variables that go into making a video can conspire to result in a cringe-worthy, unprofessional piece.
The better option is turning to a professional to help you create your videos.
Professionally-made videos typically fall into two categories:
1) DIY Video Platforms
You’ll need to have at least some experience and understanding of the technology involved, and how to create a professional piece. You’re flying solo here, and often working with cheap-looking templates. Besides, do you really know what should be in your video, and how it should look?
2) Custom-Made Videos by Professional Video Creators
You can hire a professional to do the work from start to finish. Of course, you’ll pay a pretty penny because a lot of time goes into making a fully-custom, quality video. Expect just ONE 30-45 second video to run from a few hundred dollars to several thousand. And, do these people understand today’s job search and career management?
But, what if there were professionally-made, customized videos that fell somewhere in between those two options? Videos that are affordable, high-quality, and don’t require you to mess around with tedious technology.
Enter CareerBrandVideos™ . . .
In searching for video platforms and creators serving the needs of job seekers, I came up nearly empty-handed. It seemed that, aside from video resume makers, nobody was offering the kind of videos that fit the unique needs associated with job search and career management.
Clearly, a new kind of video system was needed.
So I collaborated with two experts in their fields to create this exciting and affordable customized video system:
The founder of CareerSherpa.net, Hannah Morgan is a nationally-recognized job search social media expert. She was named one of LinkedIn’s Top Voices on Careers and Job Search in 2019. Hannah was an early adopter of video for her own personal branding as an entrepreneur, and for job seekers.
The founder of Small Business Rainmaker™, André Palko has been creating high-impact videos for small business owners for nearly 20 years, as well as for various entrepreneurial ventures of his own. In fact, he credits video with being instrumental in helping one of his businesses make it to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies.
The set of 3 videos you get with your purchase focuses on these critical areas:
- Subject Matter Expertise – a close look at one of your go-to areas of expertise
- Personality – who you are, how you operate, how you add value
- Testimonials – what the people who work with you, and know your value the best, have to say about you.
Here’s my CareerBrandVideos™ Subject Matter Expertise video:
What Makes CareerBrandVideos™ the Right Kind of Video Program for Job Search and Career?
✅ You’re not on camera and your voice is not used. You needn’t be anxious about that aspect of many other videos.
✅ You won’t touch any cumbersome, baffling technology. You’ll complete a worksheet based on the proprietary worksheets I’ve perfected over my 20+ years helping job seekers land jobs they covet and deserve. You provide us the right information, we do the rest.
✅ Our proprietary process and considerable combined expertise guides what goes into your videos. Most people don’t know the right video formula for what should and should NOT be included . . . but WE do. We oversee what ends up in them so you can be assured that nothing damaging will be included.
✅ Designed to be used throughout your career – whether you’re job searching or not – they are not job-searchy. They won’t blatantly “out” the fact that you’re job hunting.
✅ Because so few people use this kind of video for job search and career, they will position you as someone who is VERY savvy with the new world of work in the digital age. And they can help dispel age issues for 50+ job seekers.
Job search and career experts are saying video is the next big thing for the 2020’s. Integrate videos into your social media personal marketing strategy . . . but make sure you use the right kind of video.
Get Your Set of 3 Customized CareerBrandVideos™
Take a look at our CareerBrandVideos™. You’ll see that they’re the right fit for your job search and career advancement. Just click on the button below to learn more, see more samples and purchase your set of 3 videos*.
(The link will take you to Andre’s Small Business Rainmaker site.)