Why You Need To Use Videos in Your Job Search and Career
Now, more than ever before, it’s time to embrace videos for job search and overall career management.
You may be turned off to video because you don’t want to be on camera . . . or you don’t think you have the skill to produce a video . . . or they cost too much and take too much time to create.
These facts should convince you to get on board with video:
- Videos posted online rank higher in search engines (Google, LinkedIn, and others) than plain content alone. So videos do a better job of boosting your online visibility.
- Videos are 10 times more likely to be shared than other content.
- Video does a better job of conveying personality, promoting your personal brand and generating chemistry than plain content.
- Video does a better job of vividly showcasing your subject matter expertise than flat content.
Video Is the Answer. But What Kind of Video?
There are video resumes, but they can “out” the fact that you’re job hunting. Most job seekers can’t have their current employer find out. Besides, many people don’t perform well on camera and they don’t have the equipment or know-how to create a video resume that actually looks good.
There are DIY video platforms, but those often look clunky and unprofessional, and require some knowledge and experience working with video.
And there are custom-made videos by video production companies, but those often cost several thousand dollars for just one 30-45 second video.
Enter CareerBrandVideos™ . . .
CareerBrandVideos™ are an innovative, award-winning customized Done-For-You video system using animation with kinetic typography. Figures and text move fluidly to capture attention and tell your story more vividly. They are specifically designed for personal branding in job search and throughout your career.
- They don’t have the inherent problems of video resumes – poor scripting, the subject looks uncomfortable and unprofessional, an overall clunky and obviously homemade look.
- You are not on camera, reading from a boring resume or script.
- You don’t need to know ANYTHING about creating video – scripting, production, technology, etc. We do all the video work.
- They can be used for career-long personal branding.
- They come in sets of 3 videos focusing on the critical aspects of personal branding: Personality, Subject Matter Expertise and Testimonials.
- A set of 3 CareerBrandVideos™ costs 4-5 times less than a video production company charges for just one video.
- You can either have your career practitioner write the content for your 3 videos or do it yourself. We set you up to provide the right information about you.
Executives, Job Seekers and Professionals: Read more about and purchase your set of CareerBrandVideos™.
Career Practitioners: Read more about CareerBrandVideos™ for your business and our Partner Program.
If you’re a resume/LinkedIn profile writer, job search/career strategist or coach, recruiter, etc., CareerBrandVideos™ are just what you need to promote your products and services. And, if you join our Partner Program, you can offer CareerBrandVideos™ to your clients and earn lucrative commissions on each set you sell.
How CareerBrandVideos™ Came To Be
In searching for video platforms and creators serving the needs of executives, job seekers and professionals, I came up nearly empty-handed. It seemed that, aside from video resume makers, nobody was offering the kind of videos that fit the unique needs associated with job search and career management.
Clearly, a new kind of videos for job search was needed.
So I collaborated with two experts in their fields to create this exciting and innovative customized video system:
The founder of CareerSherpa.net, Hannah Morgan is a nationally-recognized job search social media expert. She was named one of LinkedIn’s Top Voices on Careers and Job Search. Hannah was an early adopter of video for her own personal branding as an entrepreneur, and for job seekers.
The founder of Small Business Rainmaker™, André Palko has been creating high-impact videos for small business owners for nearly 20 years, as well as for various entrepreneurial ventures of his own. In fact, he credits video with being instrumental in helping one of his businesses make it to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies.
Founder of ExecutiveCareerBrand.com and a 25+ year solopreneur, I’m Meg Guiseppi, an executive job search strategist who helps job seekers differentiate their unique value to Land a GREAT-FIT New Gig!™. I am the Personal Branding with LinkedIn expert at Job-Hunt.org, a Forbes “Best of the Web” for job search and career. My career advice has been featured in Forbes, Huffington Post, Fast Company, Inc., Fortune, The Economist, the Wall Street Journal, and many other publications.